I'm Primarily a hardware geek. This doesn't mean I have a ton of hardware around me, and that I spend the equivalent of a small country's GNP on new toys. I'm a computer repair technician who doesn't shy away from needing to break out my soldering iron.
I'm Primarily a Windows guy, because all my customers use it. Yes, I know. There are a ton of repair techs who use Linux on their own... and so do I. I just try to keep myself surrounded by a few running versions of Windows, because I inevitably get a call once a day from someone with a question that may require me to lean over to said running machine, and confirm a detail. It makes it easier to answer XP questions when I've got a machine running MCE and one running Home within reach. Running... not waiting to be booted. I keep a copy of Vista (shudder) around because I need to, but I only fire up that boot at gunpoint. The Laptop runs Mint and I like it like that.
Opinionated and decisive, I am well aware that I don't know everything. That won't stop me from being confident in what I do know, and looking up that which I don't.
Top Network Posts
- 35What does Walt mean by 'Inertia'?
- 22Why do computers often spin up the CPU fan to high speed momentarily when powered on?
- 18Can I use the same OEM windows 7 key on two computers in my house
- 18How to create a bootable USB Windows OS using Mac OS X
- 18Flora, fauna, robot
- 17What's the history of the Darkness spell?
- 16Graphics card fails after ten minutes of gaming
- View more network posts →