Ciro Santilli 六四事件 法轮功
六四事件 法轮功 are two taboo keywords for the Chinese Dictatorship. They mean:
Why I'm doing this: in March 2015, my girlfriend's mother was kept 15 days in prison without trial or accusation
My goals: make the Chinese firewall block Stack Overflow pages where I have posted, in order to make Chinese programmers:
- mad and demand direct elections, freedom of speech, judicial transparency and human rights
- talk to me, so I can gather pro-freedom contacts and better understand China
- less efficient and work less well for the Dictatorship
I am against violence.
I'm am sorry if this affects you negatively personally. I love China and its people. But I believe that it is the best in the long run. Your government exploits and lies to you way more than democracies do.
A funny effect of this is that if people @ mention you, then they also end up saying the taboo words.
If you know words that are even more likely to get blocked, please let me know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_blacklisted_keywords_in_China contains a nice list. My personal favorites (some are just funny and silly): 共匪, 共惨党, 红色恐怖, 达赖
I am also gathering interesting information at: https://github.com/cirosantilli/china-dictatorship
Falun Gong controversy I have received a few messages of people who are for democracy but against Falun Gong. If you can convince me that it's bad enough to be banned, I will remove it. That can be argued.
Some discussions that came out of this:
- https://github.com/cirosantilli/chat/issues/4 , http://v2ex.com/t/182766
Other related discussions:
Top network posts
- 196What's the difference between dependencies, devDependencies and peerDependencies in npm package.json file?
- 60What is the difference between old style and new style classes in Python?
- 39What is a mixin, and why are they useful?
- 37How to exclude this / current / dot folder from find "type d"
- 30How to Edit PDFs?
- 24What is the cURL command-line syntax to do a POST request?
- 22How does x86 paging work?
- View more network posts →