Network protocol nerd. Especially 802.11, TCP/IP, and Apple technologies.
If you especially appreciated my help, please feel welcome to send me a tip. I expect I'll mostly use these to "pay it forward" by tipping others.
I hate downvoting, but I hate wrong or misleading information in Answers even more. I also don't like to "put words in people's mouths" by editing their Answers for correctness. So if I see an Answer with wrong or misleading information in it, I tend to downvote it and leave a comment explaining why, unless the Answer was so far off the mark or so riddled with errors that I didn't even know where to begin. If you edit your Answer to fix the problem(s), please let me know with an @Spiff comment! I will review the change, and if I agree that the errors have been resolved, I'll happily remove my downvote, and delete my critical comment. (Anyone can change their vote if the thing they voted on was edited after they voted.)
Top Network Posts
- 489How can I get the same SSID for multiple access points?
- 71Is looking for Wi-Fi access points purely passive?
- 61What's the maximum actual bit rate of an 802.11g connection?
- 6065536 +1 Connection on a system
- 54How to quickly change the first word in a Bash command?
- 50How to change the Login Shell on Mac OS X from bash to zsh?
- 49Why are home networks prefixed with 192.168?
- View more network posts →