I'm an iOS developer, and I'm also especially interested in database programming and web development. I started programming computers as a hobby when I was a kid, beginning with Logo and progressing through BASIC, Pascal, PHP, and Scheme before coming across the nirvana that is Python. I used to be the head of the math department at an independent school here in Brooklyn, NY, where I taught mainly calculus courses and started experimenting with incorporating CS concepts into my school's math curriculum.
I come from a musical family---my father was the Principle Bassoon in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra for almost forty years (yes, I've heard the joke about our last name, and yes, it's funny), and my uncle was a Julliard-trained cellist in the Atlanta Symphony for at least as long. I started playing the piano when I was five, and I picked up the guitar and bass at fifteen. About three years ago I started learning to play clawhammer banjo, and I can't seem to put it down. :) My main musical interests center around jazz and American folk music.
Top Network Posts
- 220What is bootstrapping?
- 74Is there any real-world difference between time signatures such as 4/4 and 8/8?
- 71Most interesting mathematics mistake?
- 59What are some chord substitutions for a I-IV-V blues progression?
- 47Ways to get out of a scalar rut?
- 42How does scale length affect my playing?
- 42What's the difference between predicate and propositional logic?
- View more network posts →