A golf fanatic trapped in a programming career (which I quite enjoy, mind you).
- Twitter: @jasondown
- Blog: http://www.jason-down.com
- Google+ Account: Jason Down
- LinkedIn: Jason Down
I'm a moderator on ebooks.stackexchange.com. Come check it out!
For my employer I mainly develop C#, WPF, F#, C/AL (Client/server Application Language) for Dynamics NAV (with some .Net interop) and less often now, Progress 4GL. On the rare occasion I write iPhone/iPad and Android applications for my employer.
Outside of work I have dabbled in Lisp, Perl, C, and Clojure (and ClojureCLR).
Check out the top 100 users in a given tag (helpful for learning interesting things about tags you are interested in).
Interesting books I'd recommend:
- Soft Skills (Life manual for software developers... Highly recommended!)
- Dependency Injection in .Net (I'd say this is required reading for any .Net (or even Object Oriented) programmer).
- The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Annotated Turing - A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks
Top Network Posts
- 71What is the maximum allowed rows in a Microsoft Excel .xls or .xlsx
- 60How can I insert a real tab character in Vim?
- 46SQLite equivalent to ISNULL(), NVL(), IFNULL() or COALESCE()
- 46How do you prevent a windows form being moved?
- 40Why should I make the underlying type of an Enum Int32 instead of byte?
- 26Why can't I use the as keyword for a struct?
- 25Are primitive constructor parameters a bad idea when using an IoC Container?
- View more network posts →