I am a software engineer based in Barcelona, Spain. I am the author of The Deep Blue C++, a blog with guidelines and musings on C++ programming. Twitter: @danidl (personal account) and @TheDeepBlueCpp (for blog updates).
Blog articles from The Deep Blue C++
- Guideline 1. Do one thing at a time
- Guideline 2. Make all type conversions explicit
- Guideline 3. The condition in an "if" statement should be a simple boolean expression with no side effects
- Guideline 4. Avoid fall-through in nonempty cases of "switch" statements
- Guideline 5. "for" loops should be simple and well-formed
- Welcome to The Deep Blue C++
- Guideline 6. Ensure entry and exit conditions in loops
- Guideline 7. Always initialize variables
- Guideline 8. Define variables as close as possible to where they are used
- Guideline 9. Keep functions short and cohesive
- Guideline 10. A function should have a single exit point at its end
Top Network Posts
- 66Is it safe to check floating point values for equality to 0?
- 64Never seen before C++ for loop
- 36Default value for bool in C++
- 34More downvote power to the OP
- 26C#: Overriding return types
- 25Casting between two types derived from the (same) interface
- 23Suggest "Questions you may have an answer to"
- View more network posts →