I am a scientist interested in optimizing agricultural systems to maximize yield while reducing inputs and enhancing ecosystem services. Many of my questions on SO and related sites are related to the development of software, databases, and statistical analyses to support scientific research aimed at predicting ecosystem response to global change and engineering new systems for sustainable food and fuel production.
Key projects include:
- TERRA REF An open access data and computing platform to support high throughput penotyping web github
- PEcAn (Predictive Ecosystem Analyzer), a model-data synthesis framework: code; project website; web interface
- BETYdb, A database of plant traits, crop yields, and computational provenance code; web interface
- BioCro: crop productivity and ecosystem services simulator: code
- Ecosystem Climate Regulation Services Calculator: code; demo
Top Network Posts
- 204Side-by-side plots with ggplot2
- 111Can I change the name of `nohup.out`?
- 93General suggestions for debugging in R
- 65What are the objective arguments against immunizations for infants and children?
- 63Easiest way to delete a column?
- 58Can I use an image located on the web in a LaTeX document?
- 53What is good software for learning how to sight-read?
- View more network posts →