When Hiro first saw this place, ten years ago, the monorail hadn’t been written yet; he and his buddies had to write car and motorcycle software in order to get around. They would take their software out and race it on the black desert of the electronic night.
— Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
You could almost taste the pixels being spit out like greasy gravel when the wheels spun on digital asphalt
[B]its and pieces of the world started disappering. The environment began to disintegrate. The texture on the trees flickered. And all the people froze and blinked out of existence.
And then, the world ended.
— 99% Invisible, “Game Over”
Top Network Posts
- 685git ignore files only locally
- 487Can I make a <button> not submit a form?
- 345What does map(&:name) mean in Ruby?
- 190<code> vs <pre> vs <samp> for inline and block code snippets
- 188How can I make a div stick to the top of the screen once it's been scrolled to?
- 164Git ignore sub folders
- 123What command do I need to use to remove a file called `-rf`?
- View more network posts →