I have over 30 years of experience with C and C++, and experience with various other lesser languages.
I highly recommend http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp as an online C++11 Standard Library reference.
Also, I have redefined the acronym STL to mean STandard Library. It is now safe to use again.
Oli Charlesworth: Both these questions would be answered in the first few chapters of any decent introductory book on C++.
jeremyskateboard: well i dont have a book
The first rule of C/C++ is that there is no such thing as "C/C++". – Kerrek SB
Best answers (of mine):
- How does Q_FOREACH macro work and why is it that complex?
- C++11: Move/Copy construction ambiguity?
- Are copy constructor elided when passing more than one function?
- How to declare an array of pointers to multidimensional arrays
- Integer range based template specialisation
- Variable declaration in the switch head?
- Error pasting “”HELLO“” and “”WORLD“” does not give a valid preprocessing token (because Raymond Chen made an edit to add a code sample)
Top Network Posts
- 407Can code that is valid in both C and C++ produce different behavior when compiled in each language?
- 396How does a computer restart itself?
- 60How does Q_FOREACH (= foreach) macro work and why is it that complex?
- 60Move assignment operator and `if (this != &rhs)`
- 60Operator overload
- 59C++ ifstream error using string as opening file path.
- View more network posts →