I didn't get my first computer until I was 12 (1997), but within a year I was messing around in Pascal in a free version Borland Delphi I got off a PC Pro promotional disc.
But very soon after Half-Life was released and then all I wanted was to be a level designer, so I spent the next 8 years learning various 3D and graphics applications. Once I hit about 20 years old I realised I could make better tools, so I downloaded Eclipse and started to learn Python, and then C++. It wasn't long before I forgot all about making content, and focussed all my efforts on programming. Never looked back.
I trained and worked in the VFX industry, but now work in pro-audio.
Top Network Posts
- 41Making QLabel behave like a hyperlink
- 19Safest way to slow down a bike quickly if both sets of brakes fail
- 19What features of a mountain bike's geometry gives it different characteristics?
- 17What is the purpose of suspension lockout?
- 15Qt foreach loop ordering vs. for loop for QList
- 14How to disable version control features in Qt Creator?
- 14How to get the SHA-1/MD5 checksum of a file with Qt?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.