What you need to know about me:
I have a brand new blog.
Chief Cryptographer and a Director at Ripple, the company behind the Ripple settlement network.
One of the original architects of the Ripple Consensus Ledger system, the first system to solve the crytpo-currency double spend problem without requiring either a central authority or proof of work.
My alter ego is "JoelKatz" on the Bitcoin forums and other places.
Areas of expertise include cryptography, payment and settlement networks, advising fintech and emerging technology startups, and C++ programming.
Areas of interest include computers, aviation (both full scale and model/drone), basketball and football.
Top Network Posts
- 193How can a file size be zero?
- 118How does the computer know that the PC was not properly shut down?
- 104Should I disable swap file if I have lots of RAM or should I move it to a virtual RAM drive?
- 104Why do mathematicians sometimes assume famous conjectures in their research?
- 103What does “Barack Obama’s real crime is presiding while black” mean?
- 97What is a “memory stomp”?
- 84What is thread contention?
- View more network posts →