I'm not native English speaker and maybe I don't understand something sufficiently well...
As IMVHO this answer is perfectly valid* and don't seems to be edited, so when I saw this comments:
- I have up-voted this answer.
- I have written a comment** which I unfortunately started from (I hope) joke followed by (I hope quite well) confirmation of answer correctness.
- There are comments*** following arguing about reasons of answer critique.
As I have learned this - ironically simple - solution really hard way and I kindly asking about explanation of this situation and a little clue about what can be done to solve this.
(*) If somebody is interested I will try confirm it meritoriously.
(**) I can't quote it because all my comments are deleted.
(***) That comments might be unnecessary but have been written only to show moderators**** possibility of this answer correctness.
(****) Yes I know that better not to mess with mods ;)
Form time to time Shrew Soft VPN Client stops connecting to VPNs reporting "session terminated by gateway" error.
- VPN reconnections don't change anything.
- Client restarts don't change anything.
- Virtual network adapter* disabling followed by enabling don't change anything.
- OS restart works **.
(*) Shrew Soft VPN Client adding a virtual adapter to network adapters. All Windows VPN clients that I know messing up - sometimes badly - in network adapters area and Shrew Soft VPN Client behave quite well.
(**) I'm aware that system restart isn't elegant and true cause of this problem is still unknown but it's definitively a problem solution. Or it isn't?!?
I'm long time Shrew Soft VPN Client user and just in the moment I have saw
Shrew Soft VPN - “session terminated by gateway”
question header, I have a hunch what will follows. As I have suspected I have saw The Issue. I also have saw - with a little regret - that jumar have responded already. Next I have noticed "moderation" comments and... I hope that Journeyman Geek wont be mad that I have linked his screenshot
In my first comment I have trying:
- Suggest that Brent Waggoner haven’t formally ask any question.
- Suggest that answer is valid.
- Confirm that issue is characteristic and repeatable.
Unfortunately its ends like its ends...
As I lost a lot of time because of this issue* I kindly asking for:
- Reconsidering of occupied standpoints.
- Eventual rehabilitation of jumar answer.
(*) To be perfectly clear here - by this issue I mean VPN client issue, not a SU issue.
So in disagreements between:
- VPN client users, who dare to claim that reboot helps them.
- People with moderation rights, who claim that reboot can't be a problem solution or an answer to a question.
without presence of:
- VPN client users, who deny a claim that reboot helps.
Moderators wins. Congratulation guys and thank you for your help and time. Personally I regret a little that semantics win with information and I'm a little curios votes casting.
So guys really? Hunting begins?