hardware-combination decorates questions about anything that contains two or more non-identical components.
- mixing RAM of different speeds
- how to orient the fan on a computer case that contains a combination of hardware
- adding a hard disk to a computer
- using two different video cards at the same time
- converting one type of output to another
- where to find a particular device driver
Totally Meta, and it applies to most questions that aren't about software, so it doesn't really differentiate anything. I was going to suggest nuking it from orbit, but there were a bunch of questions with that as the only tag.
I started going through it, figuring I would clean up those, and questions where it was pure decoration, and then ask here about any questions that were actually about combining hardware, where the tag might refer to something meaningful. No such luck.
The collection is now down to 30 questions. I didn't want to wipe out the tag without checking here.