We have a number of tags relating to image modification:
None of the tags have a definition, and they are used almost interchangeably (except for the last).
There are actually a few different topics:
- how to achieve a specific alteration in the content/appearance of an image (image-editing
- how to use an automated process to modify many images in the same way (either the image content or the files) (image-processing)
- how to turn a collection of individual images into a single, combined package, like a video or album (not-sure-what-that-tag-would-be-called)
- image transparency seems to be too granular for a separate tag; we would need separate tags for blurring, cropping, resizing, and all of the other common operations.
- Are these topics different enough that they should have separate tags?
(That will require retagging a significant portion of the 300+ questions.)
- Is there a way to do it that would be batter adhered to than past practice or are we wasting our time trying to maintain the separate topics?
- If we give up and just make the existing tags synonyms, what should the primary tag be (is there an all-encompassing term)?