Super User has several questions asking how to check whether they have a 32-bit or 64-bit Operating System, and how to check if their CPU is 64-bit capable.
The majority combine both questions into a single post, despite being two distinct issues with different solutions.
- How can I determine whether my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? (67,000 views)
- How to check whether my OS is 64-bit or 32-bit? (26,000 views)
- How to check whether my hardware is 64-bit capable in Windows? (280,000 views)
- How can I find out whether my Windows is 32bit or 64 bit? (15,000 views)
- How to tell if a Windows computer has a 64-bit CPU or OS (10,000 views)
- Tell the version of Windows XP (64-bits or 32-bits) (7,000 views)
- Do i have 32-bit or 64-bit? (820 views)
- Is my machine 32 bit or 64 bit? (800 views)
- How do I determine whether my Windows installation is 64 or 32 bit? (570 views)
- Is my CPU 32 bits or 64 bits? (170 views)
- 64 or 32 bit mac? (11,900 views)
- Mac OS X: How can I tell if I'm in 64-bit mode? (6,900 views)
- Are the new Macbook Pro 64-bit or 32-bit? (3,400 views)
- Macbook 13" - 32 bit or 64 bit? how do I check? (2,400 views)
- 32-bits or 64-bits in Snow Leopard (450 views)
- Is my Ubuntu install 32 or 64-bit? (14,800 views)
Essentially, there seem to be two distinct questions being asked.
- How can I tell if my Operating System is 32-bit or 64-bit?
- How can I check if my CPU is 64-bit compatible?