Previously we had a discussion about ReactOS. Essentially there isn't a rule against asking about "pre-release" software, but those questions were closed because ReactOS is declared perpetually "alpha" (despite having hundreds of developers and thousands of users and write ups in major non-tech publications).
Likewise, I suggested we look at other questions as examples of why we should not target just one users submissions in just one tag. Those questions did not make a convincing argument against the organized hordes of SuperUser.
I'd like to make a different suggestion then. Let's just delete all the questions,
- Debian Testing (610 questions): https://superuser.com/search?q=Debian+Testing+is%3Aquestion
- Ubuntu Testing (18.10 is released in Oct 2018) https://superuser.com/search?q=Ubuntu+18.10
- Chrome Beta https://superuser.com/search?q=%22Chrome+Beta%22+is%3Aquestion
- Windows 8 Preview (392 Questions) https://superuser.com/questions/tagged/windows-8-preview
- Windows 10 Preview (332 Questions) https://superuser.com/questions/tagged/windows-10-preview
At least that would start us down principled path of creating and enforcing rules rather than just making them up to target a specific user.
And, following the logic from others I don't use any of that software above, so I should be partial and passionate about closing those questions?