I ran across this fairly popular question about downloading an M3U8 file on Windows 10: Downloading m3u8 videos that was closed.
I don't spend a lot of time on Super User, but I'm struggling to see how this question is off-topic for this site.
It appears to be on-topic according to the site guidelines in the help center, as it is about computer software and not about one of the restricted categories:
Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users. If you have a question about …
- computer hardware,
- computer software, or
- personal and home computer networking
and it is not about …
- programming and software development,
- video games or consoles,
- websites or web services like Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress,
- electronic devices, media players, cell phones or smart phones, except insofar as they interface with your computer,
- issues specific to corporate IT support and networks,
- asking for a product, service or learning material recommendation,
… then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
It also doesn't appear to fall into any of the types of questions to avoid asking:
To prevent your question from being flagged and possibly removed, avoid asking subjective questions where …
- every answer is equally valid: “What’s your favorite ______?”
- your answer is provided along with the question, and you expect more answers: “I use ______ for ______, what do you use?”
- there is no actual problem to be solved: “I’m curious if other people feel like I do.”
- you are asking an open-ended, hypothetical question: “What if ______ happened?”
- your question is just a rant in disguise: “______ sucks, am I right?”
Why isn't this question on-topic for this site?