Tl;Dr What is the current SU stand about troubleshooting questions?
I'm a long time computer user used to do my best to solve "simple" problems, long time lurker on multiple forums including SU and contributor on a bunch (lately less than few years ago). I used to think that troubleshooting questions were on topic here and pointed some people to come making emphasis on checking SU's how to ask / on topic docs. I have the intention to be more specific on issues where the symtoms includes web applications and browsers like
Regarding the above specific case, if the OP doesn't improve their question I'm considering the possibility of posting a self answered question, but I'm still not have a very clear idea of the SU stand about troubleshooting in cases were the symptoms involves Gmail + Safari + MacOs + Utilities, or more general the symptoms involves a web app + web browser + operative system + utilities.
Some example of SU tags of "cloud services" having a web app
Cloud Services having a web app might also be referred as Software as a Service (SaaS)
Ask on WebApps.StackExchange.com unless your problem is specifically about your browser or computer
Mostly off-topic at Super User, questions are better suited to WebApps.stackexchange.com. Questions about the interaction between a browser and the website may be on topic.
Webmail service provided by Google. See WebApps.StackExchange.com first as that's where they most likely will be on topic unless using with a desktop client
WhatsApp is a messaging app for mobile phones, and it also features web and desktop version for Windows and Mac OS. Use this tag only for WhatsApp Desktop apps. For WhatsApp mobile apps, please post on Apple.SE or Android.SE. For WhatsApp Web, please post on WebApps.SE.
From SU (main site)
- JPEG images are pixelated on browsers (websites) from 2014
- Cannot load google.com from 2015
- Facebook and Instagram images are broken in some browsers from 2018
- https://superuser.com/questions/1762609/whatsapp-says-i-am-being-rate-limited from 2023
- This question derived a question in Meta SE -> Where to ask "WhatsApp says I am being 'rate limited'"
- Is the superuser site the place for troubleshooting? from 2009
- Official stance on Facebook questions on SU? from 2009
- Super User website applications policy from 2010
- Are user-level troubleshooting questions appropriate? from 2011
- Are diagnostics/troubleshooting issues on-topic and not too localized? from 2013
- Do questions about Discord belong on Super User or Web Applications? from 2017
- Is asking about search engines ( startpage.com + duckduckgo.com) On Topic on superuser? from 2018
- Should some or all browser search engines now be considered on-topic? from 2018
- What could lead to [troubleshooting] tag cleanups? from 2015
- Burninate [diagnostic], [troubleshooting], and [debugging]? from 2018
From Meta SE
- Which Stack Exchange site is for asking about Facebook?
Disclaimer: Yesterday I posted an answer and mentioned SU as well many other SE sites.