The reason is that while some questions about Worpress might be on topic in Web Applications SE most questions eventually are deleted.
Few moments ago I found a question migrated from Super User to Web Applications three months ago because it was bumped due to edits done by a couple of users that made some improvements. Unfortunatelly this question is off-topic in Web Applications. I'm not complaining, so I will not enter into the details of this specific case in this post, just sharing what bring to take a look to the tag excerpt of wordpress:
Popular blogging engine – mostly considered off-topic. Questions about wordpress.com belong on WebApps.SE. Questions about installing and maintaining WordPress belong on WordPress.SE
The tag wiki has no body.
There are several sites having a
[wordpress] tagged questions were Worpress questions might be on-topic
- Ask Ubuntu
- Stack Overflow
- Super User
- Unix & Linux
- Web Applications
- Wordpress Developement
see [wordpress] is:question (Stack Exchange global search returns more than 200k results, from the above sites an others)
Here are two situations:
Regular users can only choose between a shortlist of site to migrate questions, so if the question might be more appropiate to another site the question should be flagged for moderator attention providing enough details about why the questions is appropiate for a site not included in the shortlist
There is a generalized misunderstanding about the Web Applications scope. Many people think that any question about webapps is on topic, but only questions about using them actually are. To make things more difficult
- many OP doesn't clear state enough details, but for some the question is still "answearable" / not as bad to be qualified as "crap"
- the separation between using a webapp and the other tasks have becoming blurry
I know that most users don't pay attention to tag wikis. Thinking specifically about people who vote to migrate and moderators, I'm wondering if it might be helpful to point them to one of the Meta Super User discussions about migration.
So far I have found these:
The idea of pointing to a meta discussion from Meta SE instead of puting the information directly in the tag wiki is make it easier to mantain and to extend the solution to other tags that might have a similar situation according they being identified.
Using a discussion from Meta SE looks to be more appropiate as
- the complete list of sites is in https://stackexchange.com/sites
- there is a specialized tag for asking SE site recommentations
- there are questions asking about where to ask questions about wordpress and other related stuff asked previously that could be used as target to close as duplicate new question that already has an answer.
So the specific question is, is it OK to add the url to Where should I ask WordPress questions?, a question from Meta SE instead of Reminder on voting to migrate, a questions from Meta Super User to the
wordpress tag excerpt? Do you have a better suggestion?
- Questions about WordPress on Super User
- Possible to "protest" the transfer of a question to another forum?
- Add a migration path to Pro Web Masters from Super User
- Migrating high-quality, off-topic questions to another site in the Stack Exchange network
- Finding hard to fit into right site between Super User and Web Applications
- Why do I have to go through a moderator to migrate my own question?
In Web Applications SE there are 77 % (391 / 511 ) deleted questions with
Percentage of deleted questions tagged
[wordpress] in Web Applications SE.
All the questions from 2021 were deleted.
All the questions from 2022 so far are in danger of being automatically deleted by Roomba.