I have a question about wiring up an ethernet face plate and I'm unsure whether I should ask here, StackOverflow or Home Improvement.

Should I ask on multiple sites or just the one specfic site?

| |
  • 3
    It bears saying, since nobody said explicitly: this would be totally, totally off-topic on StackOverflow. That's for programming only. – Shinrai Aug 13 '12 at 21:59

I think both here or Home Improvement would be fine.

Whatever you do, don't cross post please — just ask your question on one site.

One of the DIY.SE mods said:

It would be acceptable here, but you'd likely get a better response at SuperUser

While I'm not sure we have that many questions on this topic, feel free to ask it here, and if you don't get a response, we'll migrate it for you.

| |

If you are looking to just wire up the face plate, then superuser would probably be best. If you have questions about how to run the wire, that's more of a DIY thing.

| |

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .