Can we have j/k style (like Gmail) scrolling through posts, or is it already possible?

Often you don't want to scroll with the mouse, and using the down arrow or spacebar is just not enough.

You might have noticed that Facebook has just implemented (and rolled out) such a feature to browse through the posts on a page.

1 Answer 1


There's a userscript that adds keyboard shortcuts to Stack Exchange sites. Download it here:


It allows you to scroll through posts with J and K, as well as paginate with PN (next page) and PP (previous page).

There are other options for editing, commenting, flagging, going to different sections, et cetera.

  • thanks a lot. But, what if it is enabled by default ? also this custom JS scripts cannot be used with Chrome as add-on. Don't know about Firefox, though.
    – kmonsoor
    Commented Dec 24, 2012 at 22:13
  • It can be used within Chrome. Just download the .user.js file, then in Chrome go to chrome://extensions and drag the file onto the page. It'll then install. I don't know why they haven't enabled it by default.
    – slhck
    Commented Dec 25, 2012 at 8:48
  • Probably because its still too buggy (or was when I tried it)
    – Daniel Beck Mod
    Commented Dec 25, 2012 at 9:05
  • @Daniel Hm. Works pretty well for me, and I've been using it for months. But there might be incompatibilities with some browers, I don't know.
    – slhck
    Commented Dec 25, 2012 at 9:17
  • @slhck It took me no time at all to find a bug when I used it.
    – Daniel Beck Mod
    Commented Dec 25, 2012 at 10:04

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .