Just came across Does mobile phones use TCP/IP?. It was closed for being "off-topic", but I don't get it.
Any idea, why this would qualify as off-topic?
From the FAQ: https://superuser.com/faq
Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users. If you have a question about …
- computer hardware computer
- software personal and home
- computer networking
and it is not about …
- videogames or consoles
- websites or web services like Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress
- electronic devices, media players, cell phones or smart phones, except insofar as they interface with your computer
- issues specific to corporate IT support and networks
- a shopping or buying recommendation
The exception for cell phones and smart phones, "except insofar as they interface with your computer", does not apply here, as TCP/IP communication (and VoIP) on these phones happen without the interaction of a computer.
This could have been either off topic or not a real question. It's as much about the question and the topic, but also that mobiles on their own are off topic unless they're connected to the computer.
The meat is just an encyclopaedia lookup.
Do mobiles use TCP/IP? Okay, but then what is the problem at hand?