The tags and are duplicate. The proper term is neither; it’s “immersive”. (Confirmed in Windows 8.1)

| |
  • Seems we already did that, but the synonym must've been deleted or something. Will merge and synonymize again. Thanks for the hint. – slhck Nov 11 '13 at 17:18
  • 1
    @slhck It seems they've renamed it again, making the earlier question obsolete. – Daniel Beck Nov 11 '13 at 17:23
  • @DanielBeck There doesn't seem to be an specific name for it anymore. They changed to "Microsoft Design Language", but that sounds more on the development side. Wikipedia seems to think that they just use "Windows Store apps" and "Windows 8 apps". Perhaps we should have another vote, but I'm personally in favour of keeping either metro or modern-ui, and leaning towards the former. Or maybe windows-app? Though there isn't much distinction between "app" and "program" if taken out of context. – Bob Nov 11 '13 at 17:30
  • IE11 now uses “immersive” throughout, which is pretty much the only place in Windows where they use a term for it. – kinokijuf Nov 11 '13 at 20:26