We don't like company-only tags, and there's been various crusades in the past to purge them:
- Can we get rid of the company tags?
- Company tag necromancy: The zombie apocalypse!
- What should the [microsoft] tag be used for?
- Lotus tag cleanup
- Retagging [microsoft] questions
- Retagging [google] questions
- Retagging [firefox] [mozilla] questions?
Unlike a specific product, a company does not represent an area of expertise. Someone could be an expert in one product, but have no idea about another. microsoft is a prime example of this, with Office, OS, Apps, Phone and other software & hardware to cover, it's likely an expert in one does not necessarily make them an expert in the other.
Is this something that we consider a problem? If so, break out the pitchforks!
- In some cases, the questions should be retagged to more specific product tags
- In others, the tag should simply be removed outright.
There are more than the few I've listed below, so feel free to add them as you find them.
Tags Burned/Merged/Cleaned (so far):
2wire acer acronis adaptec adobe alienware amazon amd apache apc apple asrock atheros asus ati atlassian belkin brother buffalo canon compaq dell dlink easeus edimax epson fujitsu fujitsu-siemens gigabyte google hp htc huawei ibm intel iogear iomega kodak konica lenovo lexmark lg logitech lotus matrox microsoft motorola mozilla msi netgear nokia nvidia oki panasonic razer realtek redhat samsung seagate sonicwall sony sony-ericsson sun synaptics toshiba tp-link ubiquiti via wacom western-digital xerox yahoo zebra zyxel