skipping has no wiki definition and is used in various ways:
- failing to process fragments of audio or video
- intentionally ignoring items when processing a list like a playlist
- searching for the next element that meets some criteria, like a bad block on a hard disk, and moving directly to it
- bypassing a process like triggering a log-in screen
- moving the cursor in fixed increments like the start of each word
They are similar in the most general sense of leaving something out, but not in a way that makes the tag useful without other tags for context.
Recommendation: eliminate skipping as a stand-alone tag. Create something like audio-skipping and video-skipping that would apply to missing fragments and possibly ignoring items in a playlist. Some uses would fit the existing bypass or search tags. Some of the tag uses were probably a poor choice of tag.