events is a flexible, undefined meta tag with so many uses:
- system actions
- programming triggers or actions (covered by [vba] and other programming tags)
- calendar activities (covered by specific calendar application tags)
- Task Scheduler tasks (covered by several existing specific tags)
- social activities
- labels on pictures that were taken at social activities
- Excel data that happens to represent something called "events"
It is probably worth creating a system-events tag because those questions relate specifically to using system events as a trigger or capturing information from system events, so the abstraction of an "event" conveys meaning about a certain kind of task.