I have this question "https://superuser.com/questions/849352/is-it-worth-overclocking?noredirect=1#comment1120959_849352" where I base this question on a factional example. I am looking for facts that support overclocking gives more performance vs costs then buying better hardware. I did some more research but really cannot find a reason other then bragging rights and coolness to overclocking which obviously are opinion based so I made clear to rule those out in my question.
In my opinion it is a very interesting question since a lot of people want or do overclock there systems just for performance sake. With the research i did the past couple of hours I could break that apart by just saying "Buy better hardware, it saves you money and a lot of hassle".
- This question is not about how much money someone has to spent.
- This question is not about upgrading hardware.
- This question is not about ancient hardware.
- This question is not about the joy of overcloking as a hobby.
- This question is not about the bragging rights of overclocking skills.
This question is about:
I have 300 euro to spent should I:
- Buy a cheap mobo and a good processor.
- Should I buy a cheap processor but an expensive mobo, cooling system and case to overclock the CPU?
My findings, based on video's and blogs are that just buying a better CPU is the winner in performance AND price AND time. Overclocking is only a personal preference for bragging rights and time killing based on the FACTS I found.