"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623 – 1662)
"Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding." ~ Abraham Kaplan (1918 – 1993), The Conduct of Inquiry: Methodology for Behavioral Science, 1964, page 28.
"All that is complex is not useful; all that is useful is simple." ~ Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919 – 2013)
"The cost of a mistake is the time required to correct it. With powerful languages and good programming environments, this cost can be greatly reduced. Programming style can then depend less on planning and more on exploration." ~ Paul Graham (1964 – ), ANSI Common Lisp, 1995.
- Stack Overflow 10.8k 10.8k 44 gold badges6868 silver badges9696 bronze badges
- Skeptics 4.4k 4.4k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Super User 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Arqade 916 916 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 797 797 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 116 How do I use raw_input in Python 3
- 116 Display a decimal in scientific notation
- 82 How do I set headers using python's urllib?
- 81 Error in slick.js: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'add' of null"
- 78 Does America not lead the world in mass shootings?
- 56 How to pad zeroes to a string?
- 48 Did JFK earn $150,000 a year as president, and donate it all to charity?
- View more network posts →