einpoklum - reinstate Monica
Made my way from the Olympus of Complexity Theory, Probabilistic Combinatorics and Property Testing to the down-to-earth domain of Heterogeneous and GPU Computing, and now I'm hoping to bring the gospel of GPU and massive-regularized parallelism to DBMS architectures. I've post-doc'ed at the DB architecture group in CWI Amsterdam to do (some of) that.
I subscribe to most of Michael Richter's critique of StackOverflow; you might want to take the time to read it.
If you listen closely you can hear me muttering "Why am I not socratic again already?"
- Stack Overflow 61.1k 61.1k 3030 gold badges162162 silver badges317317 bronze badges
- Academia 29.7k 29.7k 22 gold badges4747 silver badges158158 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.3k 9.3k 66 gold badges3939 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 9k 9k 44 gold badges2323 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.5k 6.5k 33 gold badges3030 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 563 An apology to our community, and next steps
- 415 SE Inc. Director of Public Q&A retweets bad-faith, misrepresentative tweet
- 272 What is a smart pointer and when should I use one?
- 227 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 202 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 191 What is std::move(), and when should it be used?
- 155 Why is SE removing links and community ads about legal issues?
- View more network posts →