einpoklum - reinstate Monica
Made my way from the Olympus of Complexity Theory, Probabilistic Combinatorics and Property Testing to the down-to-earth domain of Heterogeneous and GPU Computing, and now I'm hoping to bring the gospel of GPU and massive-regularized parallelism to DBMS architectures. I've post-doc'ed at the DB architecture group in CWI Amsterdam to do (some of) that.
I subscribe to most of Michael Richter's critique of StackOverflow; you might want to take the time to read it.
If you listen closely you can hear me muttering "Why am I not socratic again already?"
- Stack Overflow 61.8k 61.8k 3030 gold badges165165 silver badges324324 bronze badges
- Academia 30.3k 30.3k 22 gold badges5050 silver badges159159 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 11.9k 11.9k 55 gold badges2929 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.4k 9.4k 66 gold badges3939 silver badges9292 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.5k 6.5k 33 gold badges3030 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 579 An apology to our community, and next steps
- 450 SE Inc. Director of Public Q&A retweets bad-faith, misrepresentative tweet
- 275 What is a smart pointer and when should I use one?
- 228 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 217 Why is SE removing links and community ads about legal issues?
- 203 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 197 What is std::move(), and when should it be used?
- View more network posts →