I'm Primarily a hardware geek. This doesn't mean I have a ton of hardware around me, and that I spend the equivalent of a small country's GNP on new toys. I'm a computer repair technician who doesn't shy away from needing to break out my soldering iron.
I'm Primarily a Windows guy, because all my customers use it. Yes, I know. There are a ton of repair techs who use Linux on their own... and so do I. I just try to keep myself surrounded by a few running versions of Windows, because I inevitably get a call once a day from someone with a question that may require me to lean over to said running machine, and confirm a detail. It makes it easier to answer XP questions when I've got a machine running MCE and one running Home within reach. Running... not waiting to be booted. I keep a copy of Vista (shudder) around because I need to, but I only fire up that boot at gunpoint. The Laptop runs Mint and I like it like that.
Opinionated and decisive, I am well aware that I don't know everything. That won't stop me from being confident in what I do know, and looking up that which I don't.
Member for 8 years, 11 months
41 profile views
Last seen Sep 18 '13 at 18:21
- Super User 12.8k 12.8k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 5k 5k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 692 692 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Web Applications 461 461 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 443 443 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 38 What does Walt mean by 'Inertia'?
- 30 How to create a bootable USB Windows OS using Mac OS X
- 27 Why do computers often spin up the CPU fan to high speed momentarily when powered on?
- 25 Is Frank responsible for what happened in Donnie Darko's life?
- 23 Does a USB hub affect performance?
- 20 How was the flu so deadly in Season 4 of The Walking Dead?
- 20 Does the 2nd printing of Deities and Demigods have Cthulhu?
- View more network posts →