Stack Exchange, the company, has behaved atrociously and has pilloried one of its elected moderators in the press. Please help her raise the necessary funds to defend herself from the company: Defend Monica from Defamation by Stack Overflow .
Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 8 years
59 profile views
Last seen Jun 14 '19 at 8:21
- Unix & Linux♦ 159k 159k 4242 gold badges310310 silver badges499499 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 78.4k 78.4k 1515 gold badges156156 silver badges243243 bronze badges
- Super User 45.2k 45.2k 1111 gold badges102102 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 19.6k 19.6k 1313 gold badges6969 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 15.7k 15.7k 55 gold badges3535 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1038 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 779 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 591 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 367 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 269 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 236 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 211 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →