I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Arch and for the past few years Linux Mint Debian Edition (which is basically Debian testing but more green).
My Linux expertise, if I can grace it with such a lofty title, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 7 years, 7 months
58 profile views
Last seen Jun 14 at 8:21
- Unix & Linux♦ 142.8k 142.8k 3535 gold badges295295 silver badges472472 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu♦ 74.1k 74.1k 1414 gold badges151151 silver badges235235 bronze badges
- Super User 43.5k 43.5k 1111 gold badges9898 silver badges147147 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 17.3k 17.3k 1313 gold badges6868 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Biology 11.1k 11.1k 55 gold badges4040 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1005 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 747 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 335 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 241 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 186 What is the danger of inserting and browsing an untrusted USB drive?
- 183 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- 118 How can I turn off swap permanently?
- View more network posts →