A physicist, accountant (CGA,CPA), and software developer by training, and a professional developer by employment, I wrote my first computer program in FORTRAN w/ WATFOR in high school. Since then I have written device drivers for a PDP-15, CAD/CAM applications in C, and Database applications in everything from FORTRAN (?!) and C to SQL and MS-Office.
I currently build financial and business applications professionally, mostly with VBA / C# / SQL, while developing my own Napoleonics game engine in C# on weekends and evenings.
- History 54.5k 54.5k 88 gold badges154154 silver badges246246 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 11k 11k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 9.7k 9.7k 1212 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.6k 2.6k 1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Game Development 2.1k 2.1k 99 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 122 Did Russian winter seriously contribute to German defeat on the Eastern Front in WWII?
- 106 Why didn't Hitler have more submarines in the English channel?
- 87 Why is there a difference in checking null against a value in VB.NET and C#?
- 69 Why couldn't soldiers sight their own weapons without officers' orders?
- 69 Have there been any countries that voted themselves out of existence?
- 65 Why exactly did telegraphs have to use "STOP" instead of a period and "QUOTE" instead of a quotation mark? (Or special codes.)
- View more network posts →