Physicist by training, now a programmer by choice. My languages of preference are Java and C, although I am also skilled in C# and many assembly languages, and competent in Perl, general shell scripting, and a handful of other languages I use less often. I can speak basic SQL. I write my HTML by hand and prefer table-free page layout.
NOTE: I never do retaliatory downvotes or anything petty like that. I am here to learn as well as to teach. If something I write is worthy of a downvote, please leave a comment to let me know why. If I am incorrect, I want to know!
I use Linux by preference, but also develop extensively under Windows. I've developed under various embedded and custom OS's and RTOS's (primarily Microware OS-9 and VxWorks), assorted UNIXes, VAX/VMS, and assorted Windows releases. I've played with RSTS/E and a few other operating systems that are unknown today.
My home website is pretty sparse, but will some day be populated. Really.
Member for 10 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 30 '16 at 0:33
- Stack Overflow 48.4k 48.4k 1919 gold badges113113 silver badges139139 bronze badges
- Server Fault 10.4k 10.4k 77 gold badges3232 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Super User 223 223 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 146 146 33 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 122 122 77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 586 Java Generics Wildcarding With Multiple Classes
- 445 How do you find what process is holding a file open in Windows?
- 225 How to know if other threads have finished?
- 183 What does the servlet <load-on-startup> value signify
- 170 Differences between Exception and Error
- 161 How many threads can a Java VM support?
- 120 How does CTRL-ALT-DEL to log in make Windows more secure?
- View more network posts →