Network protocol nerd. Especially 802.11, TCP/IP, and Apple technologies.
If you especially appreciated my help, please feel welcome to send me a tip. I expect I'll mostly use these to "pay it forward" by tipping others.
I hate downvoting, but I hate wrong or misleading information in Answers even more. I also don't like to "put words in people's mouths" by editing their Answers for correctness. So if I see an Answer with wrong or misleading information in it, I tend to downvote it and leave a comment explaining why, unless the Answer was so far off the mark or so riddled with errors that I didn't even know where to begin. If you edit your Answer to fix the problem(s), please let me know with an @Spiff comment! I will review the change, and if I agree that the errors have been resolved, I'll happily remove my downvote, and delete my critical comment. (Anyone can change their vote if the thing they voted on was edited after they voted.)
Member for 8 years, 10 months
63 profile views
Last seen Mar 22 '18 at 22:01
Top Network Posts
- 773 How can I get the same SSID for multiple access points?
- 133 Why do WiFi routers do such a bad job of channel selection?
- 110 If my Wi-Fi speed is 64 Mbit/s why do I get nowhere near it?
- 110 What key on a Mac keyboard corresponds to the ⇥ symbol?
- 105 What is the name of the 8 white squares surrounding resizable views?
- 94 How to change the Login Shell on Mac OS X from bash to zsh?
- 88 Does it make sense to keep different SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks?
- View more network posts →