Network protocol nerd. Especially 802.11, TCP/IP, and Apple technologies.
If you especially appreciated my help, please feel welcome to send me a tip. I expect I'll mostly use these to "pay it forward" by tipping others.
I hate downvoting, but I hate wrong or misleading information in Answers even more. I also don't like to "put words in people's mouths" by editing their Answers for correctness. So if I see an Answer with wrong or misleading information in it, I tend to downvote it and leave a comment explaining why, unless the Answer was so far off the mark or so riddled with errors that I didn't even know where to begin. If you edit your Answer to fix the problem(s), please let me know with an @Spiff comment! I will review the change, and if I agree that the errors have been resolved, I'll happily remove my downvote, and delete my critical comment. (Anyone can change their vote if the thing they voted on was edited after they voted.)
- Super User 93.8k 93.8k 1414 gold badges156156 silver badges205205 bronze badges
- Server Fault 2.5k 2.5k 1515 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Ask Different 796 796 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 598 598 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 528 528 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 849 How can I get the same SSID for multiple access points?
- 193 Why does a gigabit/sec Internet connection via cable (coax) not offer symmetrical speeds like fiber?
- 135 Why do WiFi routers do such a bad job of channel selection?
- 116 Does it make sense to keep different SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks?
- 112 If my Wi-Fi speed is 64 Mbit/s why do I get nowhere near it?
- 110 What key on a Mac keyboard corresponds to the ⇥ symbol?
- 109 How to change the Login Shell on Mac OS X from bash to zsh?
- View more network posts →