Network protocol nerd. Especially 802.11, TCP/IP, and Apple technologies.
If you especially appreciated my help, please feel welcome to send me a tip. I expect I'll mostly use these to "pay it forward" by tipping others.
I hate downvoting, but I hate wrong or misleading information in Answers even more. I also don't like to "put words in people's mouths" by editing their Answers for correctness. So if I see an Answer with wrong or misleading information in it, I tend to downvote it and leave a comment explaining why, unless the Answer was so far off the mark or so riddled with errors that I didn't even know where to begin. If you edit your Answer to fix the problem(s), please let me know with an @Spiff comment! I will review the change, and if I agree that the errors have been resolved, I'll happily remove my downvote, and delete my critical comment. (Anyone can change their vote if the thing they voted on was edited after they voted.)
Member for 10 years, 4 months
67 profile views
Last seen Feb 25 at 20:18
- Super User 87k 87k 1313 gold badges135135 silver badges186186 bronze badges
- Server Fault 2.4k 2.4k 1414 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Ask Different 726 726 33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 588 588 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 508 508 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 810 How can I get the same SSID for multiple access points?
- 191 Why does a gigabit/sec Internet connection via cable (coax) not offer symmetrical speeds like fiber?
- 134 Why do WiFi routers do such a bad job of channel selection?
- 110 If my Wi-Fi speed is 64 Mbit/s why do I get nowhere near it?
- 109 What key on a Mac keyboard corresponds to the ⇥ symbol?
- 106 How to change the Login Shell on Mac OS X from bash to zsh?
- 105 What is the name of the 8 white squares surrounding resizable views?
- View more network posts →