I am a contract programmer working in Dublin, Ireland. I started programming back in the 80s on an old Sinclair ZX Spectrum and haven't stopped since. I started working as a professional programmer in 1998 and became a contractor in 2005. For most of my career, I've mostly worked on line-of-business type applications for organisations of various sizes, initially in languages like Visual Basic 6 and Java and more recently in C# and Visual Basic.NET, with some PHP thrown in for good measure along the way. I've also worked on the database side, with MySQL, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. I tend to be fairly agnostic in these things...
LinkedIn Profile: ie.linkedin.com/in/kenkeenan
- Stack Overflow 9.1k 9.1k 55 gold badges2727 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Server Fault 313 313 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Super User 305 305 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 241 241 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 240 Is there a Pattern Matching Utility like GREP in Windows?
- 86 How to get number of rows affected, while executing MySQL query from bash?
- 48 Why use sprintf function in PHP?
- 45 Execute Insert command and return inserted Id in Sql
- 32 Which programming languages were designed with Unicode support from the beginning?
- 29 Why use a using statement with a SqlTransaction?
- 22 PHP - split a string of HTML attributes into an indexed array
- View more network posts →