"When you debug systems code, there are no highlevel debates about font choices and the best kind of turquoise, because this is the Old Testament, an angry and monochromatic world, and it doesn’t matter whether your Arial is Bold or Condensed when people are covered in boils and pestilence and Egyptian pharaoh oppression." -- James Mickens: The Night Watch (https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usenix.org%2Fsystem%2Ffiles%2F1311_05-08_mickens.pdf)
"America's Finest City"
Member for 5 years, 4 months
3 profile views
Last seen Mar 13 at 6:11
- Super User 19.6k 19.6k 44 gold badges4545 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 1.4k 1.4k 66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Physics 931 931 55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 501 501 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 351 351 22 silver badges44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 216 Why does Windows think that my wireless keyboard is a toaster?
- 151 Is CRT degaussing really dangerous for nearby laptops?
- 86 How does a computer differentiate '\0' (null character) from "unsigned int = 0"?
- 84 Why do we use AC for long distance transmission?
- 83 What protocol do Teletypes use?
- 65 Windows says RAM ran out while there is still 4 GB of physical memory available
- 53 Is an HDD overwritten with zeroes faster?
- View more network posts →