I was looking silver but found gold here.
- Enjoying the brilliant answers of the masters,
I usually upvote if an answer is clear and well-written, and question, too.
I enjoy all of Science, especially Mathematics, Cryptography, CS, Coding (started with self-learned BASIC), Photography, a little AI and Law.
Always Learning With Error, and not bounded by Polynomial Time
Worked as a researcher for the government for a while, left Cryptology, and decided to turn back...
- Kill the ECB mode;
- prefer AES-GCM or better AES-SIV which has security against nonce reuse.
- Prefer authenticated encryption
At the corner of the flat Earth.
Member for 4 years, 7 months
5 profile views
Last seen Sep 22 at 10:21
- Cryptography 11.6k 11.6k 33 gold badges2929 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.1k 2.1k 33 gold badges1414 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Information Security 1.5k 1.5k 22 gold badges1010 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Computer Science 682 682 11 gold badge44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics 445 445 11 gold badge44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 66 Other than password hashes, are there other uses for non-reversible crypto
- 64 Can Beehive detect a Snowden-like actor?
- 30 How do hashes really ensure uniqueness?
- 29 Do servers store my previous passwords?
- 26 Is one-time pad encryption vulnerable when near identical data is sent many times with different OTP?
- 23 What are the consequences of removing a single byte from a sha256 hash?
- 22 Why are some files not movable on Windows 10?
- View more network posts →