I am mainly a contributor to stackoverflow.com. Beyond that, I participate on MSO, MSE, and various other SE communities, mostly around software/IT topics.
My primary goal on stackoverflow.com is to help other folks solving their problems. Sometimes I am very direct; so please understand that I am not rude on intention - just honest.
If you disagree with something I say: simply speak up; I appreciate any (constructive) feedback!
On stackoverflow.com, I proudly hold a few gold badges, like:
- java tag: Awarded Sep 23 '16
- Illuminator: Awarded Jul 8 '17
- Legendary: Award Sept 7 '17
I studied computer science in the late 90ies at the "Universität of Karlsruhe"; nowadays known as KIT.
After some years with smaller companies, I am working as software engineer at a global IT player for more than 15 years by now.
I started programming in Java more or less shortly after Java 1.02 became available. Java is still my main love, but there were hot affairs with C, C++, perl, python, and other, less known languages.
I am very much convinced that the only reasonable way to do "enterprise java" programming is to focus on "clean code" and "tdd/unit testing".
Member for 5 years, 6 months
10 profile views
Last seen Feb 21 at 18:13
- Stack Overflow 122.7k 122.7k 2020 gold badges130130 silver badges206206 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 34.5k 34.5k 1717 gold badges102102 silver badges193193 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.9k 1.9k 77 gold badges2222 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Ask Different 687 687 11 gold badge66 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 532 532 44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 361 An Update On Creative Commons Licensing
- 233 Why should one use Objects.requireNonNull()?
- 227 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 226 Why was the previous Code of Conduct FAQ (and all answers) removed?
- 180 The "loop" has arrived. What does the community think about it?
- 138 The "loop" has arrived. What does the community think about it?
- 121 Why is SE gutting the CM team?
- View more network posts →