Over 35 years (first network implementation in 1983) in network design and implementation.
Networking experience in Corvus Systems Omninet, Novell ShareNet and NetWare 1.x through 3.x, and, for the last 20+ years, IP routing and switching, primarily (although not exclusively) on Cisco equipment.
Extensive experience overseeing the design and implementation of structured cabling systems.
Created and maintain an application to automate standard, repeatable, network designs (templates) including drawings, equipment lists, and full device configurations that is used by a large team of network engineers working on a huge network of 10,000+ sites, from very small to very large.
Member for 5 years
3 profile views
Last seen Dec 7 '19 at 13:52
- Network Engineering♦ 82.8k 82.8k 1616 gold badges8787 silver badges151151 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.6k 4.6k 44 gold badges2121 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Super User 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Server Fault 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Literature 201 201 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 159 Why are IPv4 addresses running out?
- 46 Why does the IPv6 header not include a checksum?
- 34 How can I stop an intruder plugging into an Ethernet wall socket getting access to the network?
- 31 What is longest Cat 6 cable I can run when I am just using it to connect a single user to a switch?
- 31 Is serial port a 'male' or 'female'?
- 31 Why is the CAM table in a switch called CAM table and not MAC table even though it holds MAC addresses?
- 30 Does UDP do anything at all?
- View more network posts →