Stumbled into being a Linux Sysadmin after over a decade Windows work. Amazing how that old experience with Solaris, experimenting with Linux at home, and general willingness to use a shell can open up a career opportunity.
I still use Windows for my gaming computer. Android for phone/tablet. CentOS for the home lab. We even have a Surface in the house. So I'm generally a fan of using the right solution for a given use case.
Member for 5 years, 2 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jan 24 '18 at 20:06
- Personal Finance & Money 2.8k 2.8k 99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Server Fault 745 745 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 641 641 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Super User 464 464 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 455 455 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 34 Should I dump my savings into my student debt?
- 19 In US, is it a good idea to hire a tax consultant for doing taxes?
- 14 22-year-old inherited 30k from 529 payout - what is the best way to invest?
- 12 If I can put together a loan that pays out like a 7.579%-a-year loan, but has a total term of 18.63 years … would you be interested?
- 11 Is giving my girlfriend money for her mortgage closing costs and down payment considered fraud?
- 9 Why does Star Trek use Celsius (SI system), not Fahrenheit (the imperial system)?
- 6 Why didn't Frodo take a map with him?
- View more network posts →