Most of my interest and expertise is in software written in Python and C/C++. I've been writing computer code most of my adult life, beginning my senior year in high school working at a part-time NASA job utilizing a CDC 7600 (generally regarded as the fastest supercomputer in the world at the time), punched cards, and FORTRAN IV, soon followed by a mixture of Applesoft BASIC and 6502 assembler on a 64K Apple II personal computer purchased while attending college.
I currently live in the state of Washington in the USA, at the base of the western foothills of the Cascade mountains, near a small town named Enumclaw, which lies south of Seattle and east of Tacoma.
Member for 9 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Nov 30 '17 at 13:37
- Stack Overflow 91k 91k 1919 gold badges127127 silver badges232232 bronze badges
- Super User 4k 4k 1919 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 337 337 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Code Review 275 275 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 237 237 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 472 Saving an Object (Data persistence)
- 172 Calling class staticmethod within the class body?
- 171 How to modify list entries during for loop?
- 124 Adding information to an exception?
- 108 How to show PIL images on the screen?
- 107 How to ignore the first line of data when processing CSV data?
- 100 How to round a floating point number up to a certain decimal place?
- View more network posts →