Most of my interest and expertise is in software written in Python and C/C++. I've been writing computer code most of my adult life, beginning my senior year in high school working at a part-time NASA job utilizing a CDC 7600 (generally regarded as the fastest supercomputer in the world at the time), punched cards, and FORTRAN IV, soon followed by a mixture of Applesoft BASIC and 6502 assembler on a 64K Apple II personal computer purchased while attending college.
I currently live in the state of Washington in the USA, at the base of the western foothills of the Cascade mountains, near a small town named Enumclaw, which lies south of Seattle and east of Tacoma.
Member for 9 years
1 profile view
Last seen Nov 30 '17 at 13:37
- Stack Overflow 80.1k 80.1k 1515 gold badges105105 silver badges202202 bronze badges
- Super User 3.8k 3.8k 1616 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 337 337 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Code Review 273 273 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 237 237 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 408 Saving an Object (Data persistence)
- 146 How to modify list entries during for loop?
- 135 Calling class staticmethod within the class body?
- 103 Adding information to an exception?
- 101 How to ignore the first line of data when processing CSV data?
- 98 How to round a floating point number up to a certain decimal place?
- 79 How to show PIL images on the screen?
- View more network posts →