My narrow expertise is in USB, (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1) with latest Type-C addition, including embedded incarnations such as HSIC and SSIC, and associated conroller<->PHY interfaces as UTMI, ULPI, PIPE3 and RMMI. My scope is mostly on validation side of physical and logical layer, less in design and verification (mostly in FPGA design environment), with rudimentary experience with software side.
I hate full-spec OTG, Battery Charging 1.1/1.2, and PD.
Retired from a very big semiconductor corporation.
Austin, TX, United States
Member for 3 years, 2 months
5 profile views
Last seen May 19 at 22:00
- Electrical Engineering 31.8k 31.8k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Super User 9.3k 9.3k 44 gold badges1919 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Earth Science 197 197 66 bronze badges
- Ask Different 196 196 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 141 141 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 123 How can a processor be made faster with a "software" update?
- 76 Why does Windows show "This device can perform faster" notification if I connect it clumsily?
- 54 A USB hub will not function when it's connected more than 5 hubs away from the root port
- 43 Finding a faulty chip that draws too much current
- 33 USB in computer screen not working
- 26 Why are USB hubs mostly 4- and 7-port
- 26 Maximum length of a USB Cable?
- View more network posts →