30-something guy who loves God, people, music, and computers, and happens to be reasonably good at the latter two.
IT experience is nearly all self- and real-world-taught with no classroom and only a wee litle bit of book learnin'. I'm driven by the dual motivations of being unable to leave well-enough alone and the desire to make technology work better for the user.
My experience is mostly in Wintel systems administration and end user support, with a smattering of *nix experience, mostly in the CLI, mostly on test machines and small-role systems, and I've acquired that experience in a wide range of professional business environments ranging from fast-food mega-conglomo-corps to international law firms to one of the largest corporate banks in the world, to small manufacturing firms and government departments.
Member for 9 years, 3 months
189 profile views
Last seen Jul 11 at 2:05
- Super User 35.7k 35.7k 1313 gold badges7171 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 314 314 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 312 312 88 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 309 309 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 182 What is the purpose of the holes marked "Do Not Cover" on hard drives?
- 58 Does dual-booting an OS require a dual-core processor?
- 33 How to copy a list of file names to text file?
- 33 What are Thumbs.db files for? How can I prevent them from being created?
- 31 Google Drive is saying "Sorry, Backup and Sync needs to quit."?
- 29 How to display a list of network shares shared by a Windows computer
- 26 How can I display the contents of an environment variable from the command prompt in Windows 7?
- View more network posts →