30-something guy who loves God, people, music, and computers, and happens to be reasonably good at the latter two.
IT experience is nearly all self- and real-world-taught with no classroom and only a wee litle bit of book learnin'. I'm driven by the dual motivations of being unable to leave well-enough alone and the desire to make technology work better for the user.
My experience is mostly in Wintel systems administration and end user support, with a smattering of *nix experience, mostly in the CLI, mostly on test machines and small-role systems, and I've acquired that experience in a wide range of professional business environments ranging from fast-food mega-conglomo-corps to international law firms to one of the largest corporate banks in the world, to small manufacturing firms and government departments.
Member for 10 years, 2 months
211 profile views
Last seen May 15 at 3:44
- Super User 37.6k 37.6k 3434 gold badges7676 silver badges120120 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.9k 1.9k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 313 313 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 309 309 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 308 308 88 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 182 What is the purpose of the holes marked "Do Not Cover" on hard drives?
- 58 Does dual-booting an OS require a dual-core processor?
- 39 How to copy a list of file names to text file?
- 34 How to display a list of network shares shared by a Windows computer
- 34 What are Thumbs.db files for? How can I prevent them from being created?
- 31 Google Drive is saying "Sorry, Backup and Sync needs to quit."?
- 30 How can I display the contents of an environment variable from the command prompt in Windows 7?
- View more network posts →