About Computers: Trying to learn Python just for personal challenge and hopefully getting some useful scripts out of it for Scribus and other tools.
I am running some 11 computers; seems like I am the guy in charge - at least the team shouts for me, when they get stuck. And some network printers and some stuff; all this in West Africa for development and training, publishing etc. So I really appreciate several StackExchange communities like Linux and Graphic Design, not least the car mechanics one, which I discovered more recently.
I have done some SSH work and could fix certain things, but I can never memorize those commands. I muchly prefer making nice documents for the population or giving my humble contributions to Openclipart and Openstreetmap. I believe for this part of the world Opensource has a lot to offer. We love Scribus and GIMP and we are getting to know Inkscape...
Member for 2 years, 2 months
10 profile views
Last seen Feb 7 '18 at 18:49
- Graphic Design 1k 1k 44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 245 245 11 silver badge1313 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 228 228 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 173 173 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Super User 158 158 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 14 Why would I automatically share usage and diagnostics data?
- 12 Looking for some simple sans serif book ornaments
- 11 How are the spaces done in France for ? ! : ; « » in a real-life work-flow?
- 11 How to bill a client when budget was never discussed
- 11 What capacitor(s) will be best replacement
- 9 Font where O is very distinct from zero
- 7 Listing all objects in a file
- View more network posts →