About Computers: Trying to learn Python just for personal challenge and hopefully getting some useful scripts out of it for Scribus and other tools.
I am running some 11 computers; seems like I am the guy in charge - at least the team shouts for me, when they get stuck. And some network printers and some stuff; all this in West Africa for development and training, publishing etc. So I really appreciate several StackExchange communities like Linux and Graphic Design, not least the car mechanics one, which I discovered more recently.
I have done some SSH work and could fix certain things, but I can never memorize those commands. I muchly prefer making nice documents for the population or giving my humble contributions to Openclipart and Openstreetmap. I believe for this part of the world Opensource has a lot to offer. We love Scribus and GIMP and we are getting to know Inkscape...
==================== stuff I want to find again later:
how to clone an Android Studio project (new stickers pack): https://stackoverflow.com/a/32724038/5227835
how to mark an unused (local) variable for a for-loop: https://stackoverflow.com/a/30745550/5227835
Member for 2 years, 4 months
10 profile views
Last seen Feb 7 '18 at 18:49
- Graphic Design 1.2k 1.2k 44 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 355 355 11 silver badge1414 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 283 283 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 233 233 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Super User 183 183 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 14 Why would I automatically share usage and diagnostics data?
- 12 Looking for some simple sans serif book ornaments
- 11 How are the spaces done in France for ? ! : ; « » in a real-life work-flow?
- 11 How to bill a client when budget was never discussed
- 11 What capacitor(s) will be best replacement
- 9 Font where O is very distinct from zero
- 7 Listing all objects in a file
- View more network posts →