"Proud to be a member of this rich community of knowledge-sharers!"
First PC I fucked with:
TRS-80 Model II, and later a
TRS-80 Model 100
Technically this stuff wasn't mine; it belonged to my brother. I was warned not to touch any of it, under threat of broken fingers. ...so naturally I messed with it (repeatedly), and invariably I'd fuck something up, but (motivated by pure fear) I'd always somehow manage to figure out how it works enough that I could "fix" it before he came home... And so began a lifetime fascination with troubleshooting!
Come to think of it, it's a few decades later, and I'm pretty sure he still doesn't know (nor that I have a Stack acct!) lol
Want a laugh? Have a watch: Bits and Bytes on YouTube
♬♪♫ "...bits and bytes, of information, turning darkness to liiiiiight!" ♪♬♫
Contact: 𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘢𝘸𝘨 𝓪𝓽 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝓭𝓸𝓽 𝘤𝘰𝘮
You can often find me hanging out in the Dawghouse.
Member for 2 years, 6 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jan 27 at 13:08
- Stack Overflow 15.1k 15.1k 44 gold badges3737 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.1k 1.1k 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 693 693 44 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Super User 425 425 44 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- The Workplace 420 420 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 33 Adding a favicon to a static HTML page
- 30 Function to convert column number to letter?
- 30 Overview of differences between Form Controls and ActiveX Controls in Excel
- 23 Is it Possible to Assign an Alias to a Function?
- 21 Is it ok to accept the proposal to work from home?
- 19 Sandbox archive
- 18 Is there an upside down caret character?
- View more network posts →