"Proud to be a member of this rich community of knowledge-sharers!"
First PC I fucked with:
TRS-80 Model II, and later a
TRS-80 Model 100
Technically this stuff wasn't mine; it belonged to my brother. I was warned not to touch any of it, under threat of broken fingers. ...so naturally I messed with it (repeatedly), and invariably I'd fuck something up, but (motivated by pure fear) I'd always somehow manage to figure out how it works enough that I could "fix" it before he came home... And so began a lifetime fascination with troubleshooting!
Come to think of it, it's a few decades later, and I'm pretty sure he still doesn't know (nor that I have a Stack acct!) lol
Want a laugh? Have a watch: Bits and Bytes on YouTube
♬♪♫ "...bits and bytes, of information, turning darkness to liiiiiight!" ♪♬♫
Contact: 𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘢𝘸𝘨 𝓪𝓽 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝓭𝓸𝓽 𝘤𝘰𝘮
You can often find me hanging out in the Dawghouse.
Member for 3 years, 5 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jan 27 '20 at 13:08
- English Language Learners 1.1k 1.1k 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 793 793 55 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Super User 496 496 11 gold badge55 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- The Workplace 420 420 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Travel 281 281 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 50 Adding a favicon to a static HTML page
- 33 Function to convert column number to letter?
- 32 Differences between Excel's Form Controls & ActiveX Controls
- 24 Is it Possible to Assign an Alias to a Function?
- 22 Is there an upside down caret character?
- 21 Is it ok to accept the proposal to work from home?
- 19 Differences between Excel's Form Controls & ActiveX Controls
- View more network posts →