In August of 2008 I became curious about Ruby and took up programming as a hobby. Since then I have become curious about a lot of other things, and my aspirations have quickly expanded. I very much enjoy programming, and the open source phenomenon strikes me a window into a sustainable future. I hope that in a few years I will be able to join the scene and contribute to that future.
My dreams and ambitions have been multiplied! In 2009 I decided that I would, at the age of 26, return to university and get a degree in computer science. To that end I began studying math, something I had never done before.
In summer of 2010 I enrolled in a college and began taking first year computer science courses. By this time I was completely roped in by the beauty of computer computer. At the time I hoped to be able to transfer to a university by summer of 2011 and receive my first degree by 2014.
Ultimately I would like to use computer science to help "save the world". Once I have learned enough, I hope to be able to dedicate myself to whatever desperately needs doing. Whether that be related to energy, or poverty, or space travel: I want to be there with those people computing what they need computed.
Member for 10 years, 2 months
1 profile view
Last seen Aug 22 '13 at 17:54
- Stack Overflow 20.5k 20.5k 2424 gold badges7171 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Super User 886 886 22 gold badges99 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Mathematics 621 621 11 gold badge44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Computer Science 133 133 44 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 131 131 77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 479 What is a StackOverflowError?
- 211 What is a NullPointerException, and how do I fix it?
- 208 How can I make Jenkins CI with Git trigger on pushes to master?
- 141 self referential struct definition?
- 107 What is scope/named_scope in rails?
- 102 How to map and remove nil values in Ruby
- 98 When to use an object instance variable versus passing an argument to the method
- View more network posts →