Daniel started developing software in Brazil when he was 10, on his TK-3000 Basic 2MB RAM computer. He worked as a consultant and software developer in many companies. In 2001, he worked for an Internet startup in Italy. In 2006 he joined Locaweb, the biggest web hosting company in Brazil and worked there for 5 years as developer and tech lead in infrastructure team. In 2010, he organized the first DevOpsDays Brazil. For two years, was CTO at Elo7 - the biggest crafts marketplace in Brazil.
Today, Daniel is CTO at Playax and also a Computer Science PhD Student at University of São Paulo – IME-USP. His PhD research in on Software Startups and Entrepreneurship. He Mastered in Computer Science in University of São Paulo in 2009, with the Thesis Patterns for Introducing New Ideas in the Software Industry.
Studying other Arts beside software development, like Theater, Music (guitar playing), dance and writing, he acted in five musical plays and has a poetry book published. Daniel is a Vipassana meditation student and is very interested in topics related to human consciousness.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Member for 10 years, 5 months
2 profile views
Last seen Dec 7 '12 at 14:40
- Stack Overflow 9.7k 9.7k 1111 gold badges5757 silver badges103103 bronze badges
- Super User 3.3k 3.3k 1010 gold badges3333 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Server Fault 721 721 11 gold badge99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow em Português 596 596 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 171 171 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 223 Converting camel case to underscore case in ruby
- 122 How to randomly sort (scramble) an array in Ruby?
- 97 Is there any Rails function to check if a partial exists?
- 56 How to use ActiveRecord in a ruby script outside Rails?
- 56 How can I change an application icon in Mac OS X?
- 51 Is there any way to set the priority of a process in Mac OS X?
- 44 How to move files between two S3 buckets with minimum cost?
- View more network posts →