I work at the University of New South Wales, where I use Ruby to analyze biological data.
In part of my spare time, I work on fun programming projects. One was trying to analyze what underlies Wikipedia's Get to Philosophy game. I also worked on one called the "Small Eigen Collider".
I'm currently learning Japanese, and I'm an active participant in lang-8.com, a website where you write journal entries in a language you're learning, and get corrected by native speakers of that language. In return, you correct people writing entries in your native language. Recently, I've been asking a few questions prompted by slightly incorrect English I've encountered on lang-8.
Member for 10 years, 2 months
19 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Stack Overflow 45.9k 45.9k 3939 gold badges170170 silver badges291291 bronze badges
- Skeptics 22.4k 22.4k 2929 gold badges114114 silver badges307307 bronze badges
- Travel 12.4k 12.4k 1010 gold badges7373 silver badges187187 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 11.2k 11.2k 33 gold badges3838 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10.9k 10.9k 2424 gold badges9393 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 650 How to change the remote repository for a git submodule?
- 235 Can I use git diff on untracked files?
- 180 Is it possible to push a git stash to a remote repository?
- 168 Does YouTube delete video dislikes?
- 163 Why is "Pokémon" written with an accent?
- 160 Is it illegal to own a rabbit in Queensland unless you're a magician?
- 144 Is it possible to run a single test in MiniTest?
- View more network posts →