I think every week or so, we get the occasional "How do I copy my entire hard drive?" question. The answers are always the same, in the sense of suggesting software like Acronis TrueImage or Clonezilla.
Recent example: Image an entire computer
Possible duplicates – yes, I'm guilty myself, I answered some of them, but that was half a year ago and I didn't know better :)
- How do I easily copy or clone a Windows boot partition onto a new hard drive? (this one's quite "big")
- Best way to Duplicate a Laptop's Hard Drive One-to-One
- Clone Hard Disk Software
- How can I perform a complete backup / restore of my netbook (no cdrom)?
- How can I make a bootable backup of Windows 7?
- Move Windows XP to a new PC
- Create XP image
- et cetera
I think we should somehow go through all the questions that deal with this – for example, I'll just search for
is:answer clonezilla and sort by votes. Same goes for other applications as mentioned above.
Should we just close them all as a duplicate of the first one I mentioned in the list? What I don't like there is that it's very Windows-specific.
Should we even delete some of those, or do we want to keep the redundancy? What do you think?