I have a question about wiring up an ethernet face plate and I'm unsure whether I should ask here, StackOverflow or Home Improvement.

Should I ask on multiple sites or just the one specfic site?

  • 3
    It bears saying, since nobody said explicitly: this would be totally, totally off-topic on StackOverflow. That's for programming only.
    – Shinrai
    Commented Aug 13, 2012 at 21:59

2 Answers 2


I think both here or Home Improvement would be fine.

Whatever you do, don't cross post please — just ask your question on one site.

One of the DIY.SE mods said:

It would be acceptable here, but you'd likely get a better response at SuperUser

While I'm not sure we have that many questions on this topic, feel free to ask it here, and if you don't get a response, we'll migrate it for you.


If you are looking to just wire up the face plate, then superuser would probably be best. If you have questions about how to run the wire, that's more of a DIY thing.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .